San Salvatore ai Bagni

It is likely that a sanctuary existed here, where five healing springs have their source, as early as in Roman times. Later, the Benedictines used it as a hermitage until 1591 when the local population turned it into a chapel for a saint called Salvator.

The screen-altar is a copy of the original altar, which is now located in the Collegiate Church. The predella on the left shows the Bagni di San Candido with hermitage and Baranci rocks.
Until the First World War, the Bagni di San Candido was a luxury hotel and spa centre. Today, only ruins remain of its former splendour.